XYLEM - Watermark Website
Helping a corporate philanthropy organization spread their message online – both inside and out
Xylem Watermark is a corporate philanthropy initiative dedicated to bringing impoverished nations and people in need the most basic human need – clean, potable water. Xylem (formerly ITT Fluid Technologies) is uniquely suited to the task, leveraging their equipment solutions and industry leading expertise to address the growing global water crisis.
Working in tandem with the organization’s PR firm in late 2010, team VMX designed and developed a comprehensive web experience targeted at both external and internal audiences, spreading the message and seeking help. In 2014, VMX worked with Xylem to update this existing site, implementing a new custom theme utilizing responsive design techniques.
Developed on the WordPress CMS platform, the completed site provides detailed information on key water issues, Xylem’s commitment, and details on their partner programs. It also contains a blog forum – dubbed “running water” – where Xylem executives and employees discuss relevant issues and provide details on their fieldwork. There is also an exhaustive repository of communications materials that can help Xylem employees generate awareness and plan local Watermark-oriented events.
Beyond the basic site components, VMX has also developed a comprehensive employee volunteer trip application and provided a mechanism to donate to water-related charities.
WHAT WE DID
- Designed and developed the WordPress site – allowing Xylem and their partners to manage their own content.
- We built the site using a responsive design HTML and jQuery development approach, providing a seamless user experience from desktop to tablet to mobile.
- Developed an interactive “Impact Map” that allows users to explore the specific crisis areas where Xylem is active and how they are making a difference.
- Developed a multi-session employee trip application process supported by a custom WordPress plugin that allows the Watermark team to manage and review applications.
- Worked with Watermark’s giving partner Benevity to provide a donation mechanism that supports multiple currencies and records transactional data.